Lead Performance Engineer
- Frisco, TX
- Published 8 months ago
Zigatta is a software solutions and development and design services company with operations in the U.S, and Mexico.
We're a passionate group of dreamers, doers, and change agents. This healthy obsession is why we challenge conventional thinking – always. At Zigatta we embrace change. We're a disruptive bunch that takes great pride in adding value by connecting clients with emerging technologies, and top talent and while constantly measuring results.
Our passion is focused on providing client solutions, consulting, managed services, and talent specific to Software Engineering, Consumer Experiences, Online Commerce, and Marketing Technology (MarTech).
We are currently searching for someone to join our team as a Lead Performance Engineer within our Technology Solutions Studio Practice.
- Will lead and drive Agile software development principles; advance the discipline of performance engineering across all software development and design practices; and monitor security, reliability and performance to deliver best-in-class solutions on behalf of customers for clients located throughout the U.S.
- Will serve as a major driver in the delivery of advanced Cloud-based technologies and Cloud Native applications.
- Will be responsible for the design, implementation and execution of enterprise-wide performance engineering and monitoring strategies across multiple products and software engineering teams.
- Will define and implement application and infrastructure monitoring architecture and capacity planning approaches.
- Will serve as a subject matter expert on all facets of performance engineering including capacity planning, scalability of distributed systems, application tuning, and environment resiliency and hardening.
- Will contribute a performance mindset to all parts of the software engineering lifecycle including business, service, and product requirements review; systems architecture and design; and software development and all relevant documentation.
- Will analyze Java-based, enterprise-scale, Cloud Native applications using a range of profiling and diagnostic tools and methods including JVM Hotspot; database queries and method monitors; thread dumps; heap dumps; Java Flight Recorder (JFR); Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) Reports; and Garbage Collection (GC) logs to perform problem identification and root cause analysis.
- Will perform root cause analysis for any system anomalies which may be responsible for sub-par systems performance.
- Will recommend solutions to identified problems and anomalies.
- Will perform chaos engineering through deliberate fault injection and the use of tools including Chaos Monkey, NetHavoc, ChaosToolkit, Pystol, and Gremlin.
- Will utilize performance load tools, including LoadRunner and JMeter, and profiling and monitoring tools, including Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Net Diagnostic, and New Relic.
- Will partner with operations and developers to develop real-time performance dashboards, using tools including Grafana, Splunk, Prometheus, and Sumo Logic, and provide periodic updates on application performance to all the stakeholders.
- Will serve as a mentor to software engineering teams across the enterprise in the debugging and root-cause analysis of production issues.
- Will identify automation opportunities to improve system availability and reliability.
- Will document and implement performance engineering strategy and implementation plans covering environment, schedule, financial costs, duration, effort, dummy data set up, plan execution and plan summary to validate performance.
- This must include 5 years of experience in the following skill sets: (1) Performance Engineering of highly distributed, Cloud Native systems; (2) Performance load tools, including LoadRunner and JMeter; (3) monitoring tools, including Dynatrace and AppDynamics; (4) Net Storm; (5) shell scripting; (6) Linux; (7) MySQL; (8) capacity planning; (9) testing of Microservices and Back-End APIs; (10) site reliability engineering; and (11) chaos engineering.
- Must be willing to travel and relocate.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, math, business, or engineering and 5 years of overall progressive IT experience.
We're a team of talented developers and creative designers building beautiful, modern and reliable applications using a wide range of technologies. Join a fun and friendly team and supercharge your career path at Zigatta.